About The Position
A growing high-tech company operating in Ashkelon looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our sports data. We are looking for a team member to build productionized data products to provide our organization with predictive insights and analytics to inform the business for strategic decisions and improve overall customer experience.
- Ability to take vague initial research questions/green field analysis problems and turn them into a concrete analysis project, by working directly with business stakeholders and guiding them through the problem definition stage for the project
- Take business requirements and turn them into a research project which includes designing and implementing A/B testing
- Analyze large datasets using descriptive inferential statistics, clustering, and various predictive analytics (from basic exploration to complex data mining exercises).
- Drive stakeholder consensus in diverse groups, and generate buy-in on direction. plus ability to communicate findings to non-technical audiences (presentations, white paper style summaries)
- Understand emerging trends in data science, including new tools, languages and methodologies
- BA Degree in listed fields or equivalent experience (Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science).
- 2+ Work experience with at least one of the following:
Statistics, Machine learning, Deep Learning
- Strong programming skills and strong machine learning/statistics skills (Proficient programming experience using Python)
- Basic sql knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to manage large data sets
- Big data frameworks (Sparks,Hadoop,Hive) knowledge
- Big data file formats (Parquet,Avro) - significant advantage